The popular (but aging) gStrings chromatic tuner app rewritten from scratch; with a multi-core optimized engine, improved fundamental frequency detection, smooth OpenGL graphics, a redesigned UX, and a simplistic/focused holo UI.
The app measures sound pitch using your phone’s microphone, letting you tune any musical instrument (violin, viola, violoncello, bass, guitar, ukulele, piano, even wind instruments to name a few that have been tested).
1. orchestra tuning (shifting/redefining tone frequencies, e.g. A440 > A443),
2. different temperaments (pythagorean, bagpipe, etc.),
3. custom user-defined temperaments,
4. different note namings (English, Latin, Hindustani),
4. a nonlinear scale,
5. microphone sensitivity setup,
6. pitch pipe.
– audible feedback for blind musicians,
– playback of notes in different octaves (with clamping as an option),
– keeping screen on while app is running (fix)