High quality media player supporting USB audio DACs and HiRes audio chips found in the latest phones. Play up to any resolution and sample rate that the DAC supports! All popular and less popular formats are supported, including wav, flac, mp3, m4a, MQA and DSD.
This app is a must-have for every audiophile, bypassing all audio limits of Android. Whether you use our custom USB audio driver for USB DACs, our HiRes driver for internal audio chips or the standard Android driver, this app is one of the highest quality media players around.
Version 5 now includes a MQA Core Decoder (in-app purchase required). MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download, while also being backward compatible. The Tidal streaming service supported by USB Audio Player PRO features many tracks in MQA and offers a great opportunity to experience MQA.
The MQA decoder will unfold the MQA stream from 44.1/48kHz to 88.2/96 kHz and can also be combined with certain USB DACs that feature an MQA renderer (e.g. AudioQuest DragonFly / iFi / Ztella DACs) for further unfolding to even higher sample rates.
Please visit http://mqa.co.uk for more information about MQA and https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/mqa to read more about MQA inside the app.
Note that the official Tidal app resamples audio back to 44.1/48kHz on many Android devices or upsamples to 96/192kHz when using a USB DAC and cannot deliver a bit-perfect signal for MQA rendering!
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/MQA/DSD/SACD/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/cue/etc. files (even 24-bit and 32-bit).
• Supports a USB audio DAC connected by an OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host mode)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your USB DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. Other Android players are limited to 16-bit/48kHz, even on Android 5 and higher.
• Utilizes HiRes audio chips found on some high-end phones (LG V series, Samsung S series, OnePlus, Fiio X5/X7, Pioneer XDP, Nokia, etc.) to play HiRes audio at 24-bit without resampling! Bypasses the Android resampling limits!
• Free MQA decoding on the LG V30/V35/V40/V50/G7/G8
• DoP, native DSD and DSD-to-PCM conversion
• Toneboosters MorphIt Mobile: improve the quality of your headphones and simulate over 160 headphone brands and models (in-app purchase required)
• Folder playback
• UPnP media renderer and content server
• Network playback (Samba)
• Stream audio from Google Music, Tidal (including Tidal Masters), Qobuz and Shoutcast
• Gapless playback
• Bit perfect playback
• Replay gain
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn’t support the audio file’s sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• 10-band equalizer
• No root required!
• Software and hardware volume control (when applicable)
• Upsampling (optional)
• Last.fm scrobbling
* Solved issue with some variants of the Google USB-C to 3.5 mm adapter
* Added support for the Hiby R6/PRO MQA decoder/renderer
* Added support for the FiiO M11(PRO)/M15 MQA decoder/renderer (you need to install their latest beta firmware!)
* Added HiRes support for the Redmi K30 (and PRO) and ZTE A2020G Pro