High quality media player for use with USB audio DAC’s (or any other USB audio class compliant device).
Android 5 users: although Android 5 has some support for USB DAC’s, it is limited to 16-bit and sample rates of 44100/48000Hz. For high quality playback, you still need this app to enjoy 24-bit music at any sample rate your DAC supports.
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/etc. files (even 24-bit or 32-bit). Almost every format that is listed here should work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libavcodec
• Uses a USB audio DAC connected by a OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host and is compatible)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. No other Android player can do this since they are limited to 16-bit and usually 48kHz.
• DSD-over-PCM support (.dff/.dsf files). Only works reliably on some very fast Android devices, please try before you buy specifically for this format.
• Folder playback
• Network playback using Samba shares (should work with Windows and NAS)
• Android media database playback with playlists. Play albums or create your own play lists from a list of songs (not applicable to folder playback!)
• Gapless playback
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn’t support the audio file’s sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• 10-band equalizer (can be turned off)
• No root or custom kernels required
• Software and hardware volume control (when applicable)
• Shuffle / repeat
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
* Added HiRes support for the Realme X2 PRO and Redmi Note 5
* Solved sound interruption when starting another app on Exynos-based Samsung devices running Android 10
* When used as UPnP renderer, the app could stop playback after one track and the time display would stop before the end of the track was reached. Solved.
* The session key is now renewed when Last.FM requests a new key
* Solved problem with NVIDIA Shield stopping playback after a couple of minutes