Scanthing extracts text from pictures and documents and allows you to search for them by keywords on your phone using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology. It supports image cleaning and conversion to PDF, including creating keyword searchable PDFs from your image. Its the only Document Scanner you need. Scanthing supports OCR in 33 languages.
Full Feature List:
* Capture your image using our dedicated camera, your mobile’s own camera or an existing image from your gallery. Rotate and crop the text you want to extract.
* Then extract the text using our powerful server-side OCR that runs in the background so you can carry on using your phone.
* Create a print friendly version of your image using our image cleaning feature.
* Create a PDF of the extracted text, or, a searchable PDF from your image.
* Using a Text-To-Speech Engine of your choice (we recommend IVONA) you can play back the text, sentence by sentence directly through Scanthing.
* Scanthing will automatically recognize and extract contact information, such as Telephone Numbers, Web URLs and Email Addresses.
* Works with all printed typefaces, but please note it will not be able to read your handwriting.
* Special #EyesFree mode for blind or partially sighted through integration with Android Talkback and Explore By Touch. Users can, with one click, capture an image, trigger OCR and then have the text played back on the phone through text to speech.
* Use with Google Translate on your phone to convert from one of the 33 languages we support to another.
* Fully secured HTTPS connection to our servers. We do not retain your image or extracted text after processing.
* After Scan, search for your documents by just using a few keywords.
* Share image or extracted text by Email, Dropbox, Evernote, Google
Translate and other apps.
* Add more images to existing documents, see documents by thumbnails.
* Convert many documents at once in a batch, because the OCR processing is done on our servers the performance of your phone is not affected.
* Associate Tags with your documents and then use Tags to find documents fast when your on the move.
* Support for 33 languages, just set your default version in the settings.
* The app itself has been translated to German, French, Spanish and
OCR Languages Supported:
2.03 – Fix Gingerbread crash, gallery issues with KitKat and a rare crash with opening PDFs