Custom ROM Manager finds all the ROMs, GApps and other zip files that are downloaded on your device, lets you install or manage them easily. It also helps you visit official sites of some ROMs/GApps from where you can download them or see changelogs.
NOTE: This app does not search the internet for ROMs, GApps and other mods for your device. Although it will help you visit the official sites of certain ROMs/GApps now, it will not download files for you, you will have to do it. Then it will take care of the rest
This app is a standalone app, it does not serve as the key to the free app. If you have the free app and then get the pro app, consider uninstalling the free one.
• Neat design – Simple, neat design based on Material Design guidelines.
• Finds zip files – Finds the zip files present in your device using smart and optimized algorithms.
• Sorts them accordingly – Determines which of the zip files are “ROMs”, “GApps” and “Other zip files” using smart and efficient algorithms. It can even detect the properties of a ROM/GApp, like its build date, version etc.
• Official support checking – App can check whether your device is officially supported by a ROM or not, for some of the popular ROMs the app features.
• Official links – App also contains links of official site, download page, changelog page for some of the popular ROMs/GApps it features.
• Sort/filter builds – Since the properties are detected for a ROM/GApp build, you can further sort/filter the list of zip files based on its build date or version.
• Select zip files to install – Select multiple zip files for installation, you can also choose which partitions to wipe before each zip is installed.
• Review Flash-Queue – All the zip files you selected for installation, can be reviewed under the Flash-Queue section. You can basically do anything with the queue, reorder it, remove a zip entry from the queue, modify the partitions to be wiped before a zip would be installed, anything!
• Boot to recovery and install in the order you selected – After review and confirmation, the phone will boot into recovery and install in the order you selected.
• Track which ROMs/GApps are installed – App will be able to track which ROM/GApps is installed, even after a factory reset.
• Statistics – See how many zip files you have, size they are consuming.
• Backup/Restore – TWRP backup/restore is also supported.
• In-app troubleshooter – App also has built-in troubleshooter.
• Folder Settings – Since this app searches for your zip files through your folder in your storage, you can configure the folders through which files are searched.
• No Ads
• Ability to remove default to-be-scanned folder entries and add your own – This can drastically increase the scan speed if you point to only those folders in which you keep zip files.
• Ability to configure directories which would be ignored during scanning – There are lots folders in which you would not keep your zip files at all, for example you would generally not be keeping your ROMs in your music folder. Add them right away, and these directories will be ignored while scanning, drastically improving the scan speed.
• Ability to set minimum size for ROMs and GApps for sorting – By default, ROMs below 150MB and GApps below 50MB are treated as “other zip” files. This thing can hence be configured in pro version.
• Ability to configure wipe parameters for zip files quickly selected for installation – There are default sets of partitions which would be wiped when a zip is quickly selected for installation in free versions. A zip file is said to be “quickly selected for installation” if it is swiped (from left to right by default) and selected for installation. This can be configured in pro version.
• Left-handed mode – If you use your left hand to use your phone, this small feature can be helpful because it inverts the actions of quick selection of zip, making it suitable for left hand use.
• Actions – App will suggest some actions that can get some really useful tasks done in one tap.
• Adaptive UI – Look and feel of the app changes when you check certain ROM/GApp section. For example, when you check the LineageOS section, the UI elements of the app changes to dark green color to match the dominant color of LineageOS logo.
• Themes – 4 themes (Red, Green, Blue, Orange) lets user personalize the looks of the app according to their preference.
• Many under-the-hood optimizations – Results faster scan speeds and responses.
• More features to come soon.
• Root Access is must.
• If you have not flashed custom ROMs before, this app is not for you.
• Only TWRP is supported.
– Got rid of alert dialogs and switched to more-material-design-like BottomSheets.
– Bug fixes.
– Lots of code cleanup.
– Updated build tools.
Note – Since there lots of internal code changes, you may face crash after updating, in that case try uninstalling and the re-installing the app.