ProCamera gives you a fully functional stills camera application optimized for Samsung devices with Qualcomm processors. Created with picture quality and minimal processing in mind.
→ For phones with Android 6+ Marshmallow, please see note below.
Most phones do not yet support Google’s Camera2 API, and thus can only save compressed JPEG files. In addition, most devices use artificial edge-sharpening and noise reduction algorithms which further reduce the quality the resulting pictures by adding halos around high-contrast areas and an oil painting appearance to highly detailed regions.
This app disabled all artificial enhancements. JPEG quality is set to maximum, artificial sharpening/edge enhancements are disabled, and noise reduction is also disabled (but can be enabled in the app) thus retaining more natural film grain.
• Selectable Histogram modes: Luma, RGB or both.
• Selectable Metering Modes (Matrix, Center Weighed, Spot)
• Selectable ISO modes.
• Selectable Sensor Resolutions.
• Adjustable Exposure (not supported in all ISO modes, device dependant).
• Defeatable built-in sensor noise-reduction.
• Selectable Focus modes: Continuous AutoFocus or Touch to Focus.
• Orientation sensor updates Exif tag, can be locked.
• Shake detection.
• GPS data added to Exif tag.
* Increased requested Live Histogram refresh rate from 5fps to 10fps.
* Fix for occasional Live Histogram flicker.
+ Added Live Exposure Time (in seconds) (if supported by hardware)
* Fixed ISO display when manual mode selected.
+ Added HDR mode. This powered by the camera driver, as such controls may be limited.