Plex for Android allows you to browse and play your video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from Plex Media Server on your Mac or your PC. Media is available from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android may NOT be for you for any of the following reasons:
* Netflix and Hulu are not supported on Plex for Android at this time.
* The app will not currently play video on Honeycomb/Android 3.0 (yes that includes the Xoom).
* The app will work but is not yet optimized for tablets and larger screens.
* Plex for Android won’t be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC or Mac – which is available for free at
* You want to use Plex to get to your media remotely but you don’t want to think about things like port-forwarding.
We strongly recommend that you have your Plex Media Server all ready to go BEFORE you buy Plex for Android.
• Support for timeshifting Live TV programs (requires PMS 1.8+).
• Include Afrikaans translations.
• [Mobile] Support for DVR and Live TV.
• [Mobile] Improve sign in/sign up screens.
• [Mobile] Send reset password instructions from the app.
• App was failing to persist library filters selection after being closed.
• Don’t switch to ‘Open Video File’ section when Local Server selected if synced content exists.