The Oxford Dictionary of English is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press, with advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The most comprehensive coverage of English everywhere it’s spoken
• The very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
• Thousands of words and sentences derived from the latest research of the Oxford English Corpus
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including words with controversial or variant pronunciations
Ideal for professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English at work or at home.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Audio pronunciation – listen to how words are pronounced
• Offline mode – look up words without an internet connection
* Includes small apps extension for Sony products *
* Bug fix and many improvements