The application is designed to learn Japanese characters, and first of all, kanj. Kanji are the adopted Chinese characters used in the modern Japanese writing system. It will help you to memorize characters and their basic meanings and readings.
The application contains Kyoku kanji list, which includes 1006 characters. There is also Kana section that allow to study and practice Japanese syllabaries, Hiragana and Katakana, which can be very useful for beginners.
To make learning kanji more comfortable, the list is divided into six levels according to Japanese school grades. Every level has lessons that generally contain 10 characters and include 3 parts: characters listing, exercises and revision.
Kanji list represents characters, their readings and meanings.
Interactive exercises include:
– Flashcards that may be useful to study or revise characters one by one
– Tests with instant results that allow to evaluate how you know the characters
PRO version includes:
– Kanji strokes order
– Kanji readings in Katakana and Hiragana
– Possibility to add kanji to Starred list
– More themes
– More details in kanji learning stats
– No ads
– Complete Joyo kanji list (2136 kanji). Please note advanced levels and lessons are re-organized!
– Change of Level review layout
– Option to display lessons progress based on kanji statuses (see Settings)
– Beta JLPT levels (see Settings)
– Improvements and bug fixes