Ghost Commander File Manager is a dual-panel file manager (as well as a FTP, SFTP, SMB, WebDAV, Drive, BOX, Dropbox client!) which will let you to manage your files locally or remotely as well as tweak your system in the root mode.
The main idea behind this is classic: copy and move files from one panel to another. This method of operating is far more convenient than what is offered by most other file managers, in which you would have to copy/cut items and then navigate to various different folders to paste them – back and forth, again and again.
To not overload the display with extra checkboxes, each file row is divided by two zones: tapping on the left you open files and folders, tapping on the right you select multiple items. If you are left handed, that could be swapped in the settings.
Ghost Commander lets you transfer files both to and from FTP and SFTP servers and Windows network shares, as well as Google Drive, BOX and Dropbox cloud storage (plugin required), plus it can create/extract ZIP archives and work with as it was a regular folder.
For advanced users, this file manager also supports root (superuser) mode, which is essential to work with protected system files on a rooted phone, change file permission attributes/owners (chmod/chown) and even execute your own shell commands (busybox required).
This file manager is very customizable and comes with a lot of options which allow you to adjust its appearance and behavior to your personal tastes and habits.
Ghost Commander’s features include, but are not limited to:
* easy sorting by name, extension, size or date
* customizable multiselect (by tapping, or select by wildcards)
* root / superuser (su) mode: remount partitions and make changes in system files
* change file owner and permissions (in root mode only)
* working with files via the MediaStore perspective (which allows writing access to external SDcard on Kitkat)
* ZIP archive support: create and extract ZIP files, view inside a ZIP without extracting
* built-in FTP client: upload to/download from your own site or a public one
* favorite shortcuts for folders and locations
* calculation of file and folder size and MD5 and SHA-1
* file search by content and other properties
* text editor (built-in or external)
* text and picture viewers
* sends files via email, Bluetooth and so on
* personalization: colors, font size, interface language, custom toolbar, etc
* Windows network support via an optional SMB plugin
* Streaming audio/video from a remote location to a player app (VPlayer is recommended)
* Access to the Google Drive, Dropbox and BOX or any WebDAV enabled cloud storage (with plugins)
The text editor now can fling a long text
When no hardware menu button and the action bar is turned off, the text editor, text viewer and the picture viewer shows a small floating menu button over the content
Fix, device rotation does not affect the color file masks anymore