Full explanation of all permissions given below.
– most feature rich alarm clock on the market
– speech input and output
– choose own colors, font size, backgrounds
– night display with customizable font color and size
– dock support
– tries to you wake you up during light sleep (optional, see below)
– mp3, ringtones, playlists, folders, internet radio, can create own playlists by choosing an artist or genre…
– uses own media player for super-gentle fade-in of music
– silent alarm with slowly increasing vibration
– large button mode for users with glasses
– flip to snooze, shake to dismiss
– puzzle or math tests if you are awake
– Tasker and SleepBot support
An alarm clock shouldn’t shell-shock you out of your dreams. That’s why I created Gentle Alarm which tries to wake you up during light sleep using an optional pre-alarm.
Alarm clocks can’t know if you are in light sleep or deep sleep (those movement based alarm clock don’t work) but they can play a very quiet pre-alarm which you will only hear if you are in light sleep. If you are in deep sleep, you will simply sleep through the pre-alarm.
The pre-alarm plays 30min before you really want to get up (you can change that). If the pre-alarm wakes you up, you will be more refreshed than if you had slept until the main alarm because at that time you would have fallen back into deep sleep. Give it a try and I am sure you won’t want to miss it anymore.
Of course, the app has all the usual features of a great alarm clock:
It can switch to a night display automatically when docking the phone. It can automatically shorten the snooze time with each time you press snooze. It can automatically create playlists of your favorite artist or genre. And it allows you to change colors, fonts, and backgrounds.
What’s in this version:
– bug fix: main alarm continued to ring even if turned off during pre-alarm (only weekly alarms)
– bug fix: some profile settings could not be turned off (fade-in, TTS)
– new: improved lockscreen support (turn this feature on in settings / other preferences / notifications)