FX File Explorer 5 features a Material Design UI and new ways to transfer your files between devices and computers:
* New “FX Connect” transfers files from phone-to-phone with Wi-Fi Direct. Supports NFC to connect two phones by physically touching their backs together. (requires FX+)
* New “Web Access” enables transfer and management of files and media from your computer’s web browser. You can drag-and-drop entire folders to your phone from your computer, or stream your phone’s music playlists to your computer over Wi-Fi. (requires FX+)
FX is a file explorer built to make working with files and media on your phone or tablet as easy as it is on your computer:
* Productivity-oriented “Home Screen”: Directly access your important folders, media, and cloud storage
* Multiple window support, with dual-view mode to see two windows at once
* “Usage View” mode shows the total size and content makeup of every folder, as you browse and manage files
* Support for most file archive formats
FX protects your privacy:
* No advertisements
* No tracking of user activity: FX does not ever “phone home”
* Built by NextApp, Inc., a US corporation founded in 2002; all proprietary code was developed in-house
The optional FX+ Add-On module enables more functionality:
* Access networked computers, including FTP, SSH FTP, WebDAV, and Windows Networking (SMB)
* Connect to cloud storage including Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, SkyDrive, and OwnCloud
* Manage installed applications, with support for browsing applications based on their required permissions
* Create and explore inside AES-256/AES-128 encrypted zip files
* Browse audio content by artist/album/playlist; manage and organize playlists
* Directly browse photo and video folders
* Encrypted password keyring (use one password to access network and cloud locations)
FX includes a number of built-in editing/viewing applets:
* Text Editor (with undo/redo history, cut/paste, search, and pinch-to-zoom)
* Binary (Hex) Viewer
* Image Viewer
* Media Player and pop-up Audio Player
* Zip, Tar, GZip, Bzip2, 7zip archive creators and extractors
* RAR file extractor
* Shell Script Executor
Improved SSH implementation: faster and more compatible.
Improved SMB implementation, works around latest Windows 10 sharing bug.
Thumbnails displayed for remote network connections, inside archives/APKs.
FX Connect is more reliable, works around Android dual-WiFi issues.
Fix for inaccurate SSH warning about changed host keys.