ARCHOS makes his Video Player app available for all Android devices (tablets, phones, TV; requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
– Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
– Ability to play content from many computer/network storage in your network (SMB, UPnP, FTP, SFTP) or from an external USB storage device;
– Support of torrent streaming: torrent files can directly be opened by the application;
– Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
– Integrated subtitle downloader;
– Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
– Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
– Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
– Multi-device network video resume;
– TV friendly: dedicated user interface that is keyboard/remote control compatible, Android TV compatibility;
– Share and keep track of what you have watched using Trakt scrobbler (see http://trakt.tv/);
– 3D video: visual tagging and side by side/top bottom playback mode with Archos stereo virtual reality glasses or cardboard support;
– Audio: night mode and audio boost options
– HDMI or S/PDIF: AC3/DTS passthrough on supported hardware (e.g. Nexus Player, ADT-1, Rockchip and AmLogic based tvbox devices) with compatible home cinema equipment
– Android 5.0 Lollipop support with flat/material user interface design.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
– fix a/v sync on Nexus Player
– use resume points with some external players