Using App Cloner you can create and install multiple copies of your existing apps.
Cloned apps run in parallel and work independently from their original apps. They will not receive automatic updates so you can keep and run a stable version alongside the original app.
Cloning can be useful to simultaneously use multiple logins in apps such as Facebook, Twitter or Skype but the real fun starts by messing around with an app. App Cloner offers a multitude of options to tweak the new app copy, apart from changing the app name or icon.
*** WhatsApp is not supported because of security checks they implemented even though some YouTube videos incorrectly suggest WhatsApp can be cloned. ***
For example, you can remove widgets or unnecessary permissions, you can disable auto-start, backups or intrusive app defaults. App Cloner can even extend a cloned app to add new functionality such as password protection, incognito mode with secure file deletion and you can lock an app to consume data over Wi-Fi only.
By the way, Android Wear watch apps and watch faces can typically also be cloned.
Full version features
The full version offers these features:
• Replace launcher icons
• Create multiple app clones
• Clone watch apps or watch faces
• Save or share cloned apps
• Remove launcher icon or widgets
• Allow/prevent app backups
• Allow apps to be installed on the external SD-card
• Disable app defaults
• Disable auto-start
• Exclude app from recents
• Rotation lock
• Remove app permissions
• Make assist app
• Enables multi-window support on Samsung devices and some LG devices
• Use Google Maps in cloned apps
• Automatically copy expansion files during cloning
• Make debuggable
ART runtime only:
• Change default app language
• Password-protect apps (with stealth mode)
• Incognito mode for apps
• Clear cache on exit
• Disable mobile data
• SOCKS proxy (route the app’s network traffic via a SOCKS proxy)
• Mute on start
• Change default font (use custom TTF fonts)
• Font scale
• Keep screen on
• Immersive mode (hide the navigation and status bars)
Not all apps can be cloned. Cloned apps may crash, show errors or work incorrectly.
Cloning an app will change its certificate, which means the new app may not work in case it verifies its certificate or if it interacts with other apps by the same publisher.
App components that depend on the certificate such as Google Play services, Google Maps, Google Cloud Messaging or in-app purchases will not work and/or break the cloned app.
Most Google apps can’t be cloned. Apps with extension files, for example really large games, can’t be cloned either.
The SOCKS proxy doesn’t work with native network connections as used by most web browsers, web views and audio/video streaming apps.
Some apps that can be cloned:
• Amazon Kindle
• DropBox (except internal PDF viewer)
• Facebook (only on Android 5.0 or later, language is English only)
• Facebook Lite
• Opera, Opera Mini
• SwiftKey Keyboard
• Yahoo Mail
Some apps that can’t be cloned:
• Facebook Messenger
• Skype for Business
• YouTube (version 4.2.x works)
• Keep screen on option (ART runtime)
• Bug fix for Password-protect app option
• Allow text selection
– Patched by Team Begal
– Optimized graphics and cleaned resources for fast load
– Fabric Crashlytics service removed
– Manual Data consumption Only (For thumbnails)
– Anonymous Bug Data Transfer Removed